Black Friday Sales 2019 Stats
The $7.4 billion marked the biggest sales day ever for Black Friday and trailed only last year’s Cyber Monday’s $7.9 billion for the number 1 spot of all-time in online revenue, according to Adobe’s data. The average order value per consumer, at $168, was up nearly 6% year-over-year and also set a new Black Friday record.
About 40% of shoppers made online purchases.
In 2019, about 40% of shoppers decided to buy online, thanks to flexible options, like delivery, click-and-collect orders, or pick up in-store. The number of shoppers who used these methods grew by 43%.
It is expected that the Black Friday sales trend will grow to 61% in 2020.
Black Friday is the best day for online deals on electronics.
Thanksgiving Day is the best online sales for sporting goods, video games, and apparel and has an average discount of 24%.
But. If you want to get electronics, Black Friday is the best day.
You get the highest average online Black Friday discounts on TV, phones, tablets, appliances, and, surprisingly, jewelry. All in all, the days leading from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday capture 20% of all online holiday shopping of the year.
Average savings on Black Friday specials is 37%.
Most Black Friday deals start days earlier and end days later than the actual day. The competition is extremely fierce.
So, when’s the best time to shop during this period?
Research says that the best deals on electronics are offered at the start of November. During this time the average discount is about 23%. The week before Thanksgiving is the time when the number of deals is at its maximum but the average discount is around 20%. However, after Thanksgiving, the average Black Friday discounts increase to 37%.
AMAZING Black Friday Statistics (Evergreen):
- Black Friday 2019 saw 93.2 million buyers shopping online.
- Black Friday online shopping sales hit $7.4 billion, which is an all-time high.
- 30% of all retail sales occur from Black Friday till Christmas.
- Average savings on Black Friday specials are 37%.
- About 40% of shoppers made online purchases on Black Friday 2019.
- $2.9 billion worth of Black Friday sales happened through mobile phones.
- Millennials were the biggest spenders on Black Friday 2019.
- About 50.4% of women are Black Friday shoppers.
- Amazon accounted for 54.9% of all sales on Black Friday.
- The average adult plans to spend $400 on Black Friday sales.